Mapping folder into a drive letter on Windows

Sometime I had to work with folders site deep under my file system structure, problem with this is I’ll have to browse to that folder every time I need to get something or put something in, this is quite annoying since the Windows Explorer don’t always remember your recent used folder.

To fix this I use a command that available in MS DOS call SUBST, the description of this command is as below

C:\>subst /?
Associates a path with a drive letter.

SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]
SUBST drive1: /D

drive1: Specifies a virtual drive to which you want to assign a path.

[drive2:]path Specifies a physical drive and path you want to assign to a virtual drive.

/D Deletes a substituted (virtual) drive.

Type SUBST with no parameters to display a list of current virtual drives.

What I do is just type
SUBST K: C:\Documents and Settings\ChaoTze\My Documents\MyProjects\Phase1\Version1\Eng\Project1-2010

After that I can just use the mapped drive K: to acesss all my files

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Generating INSERT statement from SELECT using SQuirreL SQL

OneNote: We need the password to sync this notebook (Error code: 0xE4010643)

Fixing the AKE BC398 USB3.0 sluggish performance